|Registry Numbers and Inventories.|
|EC Risk Phrase||R 22|
|ENCS (MITI) ||3-906X|
|RTECS class ||Mutagen (M)|
|Listed on the Toxic Substancs Control Act (TSCA).|
|Listed on Canadian Non-Domestic Substances List (NDSL).|
|Listed on Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS).|
|Melting point, °C||140 - 143|
|Solubility in water||3 g/L|
|Partition coefficient, pKow||1.79|
|Hazards and Protection.|
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
|Disposal code |
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Do NOT get water inside containers. Do NOT use straight streams of water. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam.
Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
| ||Flammability||1|| |
| ||Reactivity||0|| |
2 ppm TWA ACGIH
|Exposure effects||May cause liver and kidney damage. Effects may be delayed.|
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, and death. May be harmful if swallowed. May cause central nervous system effects.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, tachycardia, dyspnea, and death. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause cardiac abnormalities. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation.
May cause skin irritation.
|First aid|| |
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.