Clear, colorless liquid.
|Registry Numbers and Inventories.|
|Listed on the Toxic Substancs Control Act (TSCA).|
|Listed on Canadian Domestic Substances List (DSL).|
|Listed on Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS).|
|Melting point, °C||-115.5|
|Boiling point, °C||103|
|Density||0.7991 g/cm3 (20°C)|
|Solubility in water||Insoluble|
|Refractive index||1.4414 (20°C)|
|Heat of vaporization||26300 J/mol (25 °C)|
|Hazards and Protection.|
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use. Flammables-area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, CO2, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray or fog; do not use straight streams.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
| ||Flammability||3|| |
| ||Reactivity||0|| |
|Exposure effects||The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.|
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
May cause irritation or burns.
|First aid|| |
Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.